Thursday, April 14, 2011

14 April 2011

Well it has been 4 weeks today since our lovely Lily shocked us all with her appearance! Already it seems like so long ago and yet still only yesterday... if that makes sense! Every day I am reminded of something I am going to miss out on with Lily - no firsts... no first taste of chocolate (that would have been given to her by her dad I am sure!), no first ice cream, no first tooth, no first steps, no first smile... oh I wish I could see her smile! No giggles, no absolutely hilarious laughter... oh I just wish I could see her smile!

Had a fantastic day today catching up with Kim and her little boy Lachy... Lachy is at such a fun age! Cheeky, charming, funny (extremely funny!), trouble with a capital T! :D Such a great source of entertainment and laughter! Even got a couple of cuddles! I had great fun! And catching up with Kim was fantastic too! Thanks for putting up with me for the day!

It did make me miss Lily in few more ways! Wondering what she would have been like in 9 months (real trouble if she takes after her dad I'm sure!)... wonder what she would have looked like (they change so much!). But it's ok (in a sense!), I still had a great time with with Kim and Lachy and these 'wonderings' didn't ruin it... they are just 'wonderings'... I still love kids and being with and around them... even if it is sometimes a little hard! Eventually I am going to have to go back to my job (which i LOVE!) with 30 odd children reminding me off different things I will miss with Lily on a daily basis! And eventually, that will be ok... if that makes sense...

Anyway, possibly none of that made sense, so in summary... I wish I could see my beautiful baby girl smile and hear her laugh... and I had a fantastic day hanging out with Kim and Lachy :D

Today I am thankful for...
~*~ having a sore toe... because it means that I have toes that can be sore (I can feel them) because I squeezed them into shoes (that I had enough money to buy) and went for a long walk yesterday (on perfectly working legs). ~*~

My positive thing for today...
~*~ Obviously spending the day with Kim and Lachy ~*~
but number 2...
~*~ A yummy roast chicken dinner with my mummy, Jen and my baby sister Madz (and Luke) where we talked lots about Lily and I was reminded again how loved our baby girl was by other people and not just me and Luke :) ~*~

Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment